Download A Beast the Color of Winter: The Mountain Goat Observed by Douglas H. Chadwick PDF
By Douglas H. Chadwick
Resourceful, belligerent, and unbelievably sure-footed, the mountain goat is a white-coated survivor from the Ice Age. Oreamnos americanus stocks its dizzying alpine international with elk, eagles, bighorn sheep, and grizzlies. this primary full-length ebook at the mountain goat deals a wonderfully written portrait of its lifestyles, conduct, and setting. Douglas H. Chadwick tracked mountain goat herds for seven years, and his observations are richly textured and replete with interesting and dramatic information. We research of the mountain goats' lives from delivery to maturity, their feeding behavior, distinctive social habit and courtship rituals, and their lengthy heritage. Chadwick additionally makes transparent the troubling and escalating influence of the fashionable global at the mountain goat's desert domestic. This Bison Books variation contains a new creation through the author.
Read Online or Download A Beast the Color of Winter: The Mountain Goat Observed PDF
Best nature & ecology books
* Explains the geologic ordinary heritage of the North Cascades* Appeals to hikers who're occupied with the sector, in addition to novice geologists* Authors are either geologists with the USA Geological SurveyComposed of every thing from volcanic island arcs and deep ocean sediments, to components of previous continents or even items of the deep subcrustal mantle of the earth, Washington's North Cascade quarter is a real geologic mosaic.
Air has consistently been necessary to lifestyles, from the atmospheric composition that gave lifestyles to the forests and titanic bugs of the Carboniferous age a few three hundred million years in the past to the air that fuels crucial applied sciences this day. we're immersed in a good ocean of air; from inner combustion and jet engines to fashionable towns with synthetic climates, air is notable since it is so frequent and while so intimate.
Fish foodstuff will be the figuring out issue among a strong and fit farmed fish inhabitants and occasional aquaculture creation. In an age the place chemical compounds and antibiotics are below better scrutiny than ever, a powerful figuring out of the position of foodstuff and feed ingredients is vital within the aquaculture undefined.
A technology journalist's trip alongside the Pacific Coast from California to Alaska to trace the prestige, healthiness, conduct, character, and viability of sea otters--the beautiful species particular to this beach that was once hunted to close extinction within the 18th and nineteenth centuries. those cute, bushy marine mammals--often noticeable floating on their backs retaining hands--reveal the healthiness of the coastal surroundings alongside the Pacific Ocean.
- A Century of Maritime Science: The St. Andrews Biological Station
- Economics and the Environment: A Materials Balance Approach (Routledge Revivals)
- Ein Vogeljahr in Schweden (German Edition)
- The Natural History of Wales (Collins New Naturalist Library, Book 66)
Additional resources for A Beast the Color of Winter: The Mountain Goat Observed