Download A Political Economy of Attention, Mindfulness and by Peter Doran PDF
By Peter Doran
The energy of capital is the facility to focus on our cognizance, mold market-ready identities, and decrease the general public realm to an never-ending sequence of decisions. This has far-reaching implications for our mental, actual and non secular health and wellbeing, and finally for our international ecology. during this customer age, the underlying teachings of Buddhist mindfulness provide greater than person health and wellbeing and resilience. in addition they supply new assets of serious inquiry into our collective , and will element, in time, to regulatory projects within the box of well-being.
This booklet attracts jointly vigorous debates from the hot economics of transition, commons and healthiness, consumerism, and the rising position of mindfulness in pop culture. Engaged Buddhist practices and teachings correspond heavily to insights in modern political philosophical investigations into the character of strength, particularly by means of Michel Foucault. The 'attention economic system' could be understood as a brand new enviornment of fight in our age of neoliberal governmentality; because the forces of enclosure – having colonized forests, land and the our bodies of workers – at the moment are prolonged to the area of our minds and subjectivity. This poses questions on the restoration of the 'mindful commons': the practices we needs to domesticate to reclaim our awareness, time and lives from the forces of capitalization.?
This is a beneficial source for college students and students of environmental philosophy, environmental psychology, environmental sociology, well-being and new economics, political economic system, environmental politics, the commons and legislation, in addition to Buddhist conception and philosophy.
Read or Download A Political Economy of Attention, Mindfulness and Consumerism: Reclaiming the Mindful Commons (Routledge Studies in Sustainability) PDF
Similar nature & ecology books
* Explains the geologic average background of the North Cascades* Appeals to hikers who're eager about the sector, in addition to beginner geologists* Authors are either geologists with the united states Geological SurveyComposed of every little thing from volcanic island arcs and deep ocean sediments, to components of outdated continents or even items of the deep subcrustal mantle of the earth, Washington's North Cascade area is a real geologic mosaic.
Air has regularly been necessary to lifestyles, from the atmospheric composition that gave lifestyles to the forests and monstrous bugs of the Carboniferous age a few three hundred million years in the past to the air that fuels crucial applied sciences this present day. we're immersed in an excellent ocean of air; from inner combustion and jet engines to fashionable towns with synthetic climates, air is extraordinary since it is so common and whilst so intimate.
Fish food might be the determining issue among a powerful and fit farmed fish inhabitants and occasional aquaculture creation. In an age the place chemical substances and antibiotics are lower than better scrutiny than ever, a powerful figuring out of the position of food and feed ingredients is vital within the aquaculture undefined.
A technology journalist's trip alongside the Pacific Coast from California to Alaska to trace the prestige, health and wellbeing, conduct, character, and viability of sea otters--the attractive species distinct to this sea coast that used to be hunted to close extinction within the 18th and nineteenth centuries. those cute, bushy marine mammals--often noticeable floating on their backs maintaining hands--reveal the healthiness of the coastal surroundings alongside the Pacific Ocean.
- The Blue Sapphire of the Mind: Notes for a Contemplative Ecology
- Collective Action (Rff Press)
- Basin Analysis: Principles and Application to Petroleum Play Assessment
- Colonizing Paradise: Landscape and Empire in the British West Indies (Atlantic Crossings)
- Water Footprint Assessment: A Guide for Business (DoShorts)
- The Great Hurricane of 1780: The Story of the Greatest and Deadliest Hurricane of the Caribbean and the Americas
Extra resources for A Political Economy of Attention, Mindfulness and Consumerism: Reclaiming the Mindful Commons (Routledge Studies in Sustainability)