Download Air: Nature and Culture (Earth) by Peter Adey PDF
By Peter Adey
Air is an cutting edge cultural and clinical background that makes a speciality of our makes an attempt to appreciate air, to engineer and grapple with it, to make experience of it and locate that means in it. For as crucial as air has been to our philosophical, clinical and technological goals, Peter Adey indicates that it's via air that the inventive and literary mind's eye has been lifted.
Exploring the paintings of proven figures similar to Marie Curie, Joseph Priestley and John Scott Haldane, in addition to lesser-known pioneers, and together with views from portray, literature and poetry, this richly illustrated publication will entice somebody attracted to the technological know-how in addition to the tradition of this pervasive, usually unregarded but important substance.
Read or Download Air: Nature and Culture (Earth) PDF
Similar nature & ecology books
* Explains the geologic average heritage of the North Cascades* Appeals to hikers who're thinking about the area, in addition to novice geologists* Authors are either geologists with the U.S. Geological SurveyComposed of every thing from volcanic island arcs and deep ocean sediments, to components of previous continents or even items of the deep subcrustal mantle of the earth, Washington's North Cascade zone is a real geologic mosaic.
Air has consistently been necessary to existence, from the atmospheric composition that gave existence to the forests and huge bugs of the Carboniferous age a few three hundred million years in the past to the air that fuels crucial applied sciences this day. we're immersed in a superb ocean of air; from inner combustion and jet engines to fashionable towns with man made climates, air is notable since it is so common and even as so intimate.
Fish food might be the finding out issue among a powerful and fit farmed fish inhabitants and occasional aquaculture construction. In an age the place chemical substances and antibiotics are less than better scrutiny than ever, a robust knowing of the function of meals and feed ingredients is vital within the aquaculture undefined.
A technology journalist's trip alongside the Pacific Coast from California to Alaska to trace the prestige, health and wellbeing, behavior, character, and viability of sea otters--the attractive species exact to this sea coast that was once hunted to close extinction within the 18th and nineteenth centuries. those cute, hairy marine mammals--often obvious floating on their backs maintaining hands--reveal the well-being of the coastal environment alongside the Pacific Ocean.
- Hike Plymouth and Beyond!: 100 Hikes in Southern Plymouth County, MA (Hike Plymouth!)
- Die Wegwerfkuh: Wie unsere Landwirtschaft Tiere verheizt, Bauern ruiniert, Ressourcen verschwendet und was wir dagegen tun können. (German Edition)
- My First Summer in the Sierra: Illustrated Edition
- Animal Harm: Perspectives on Why People Harm and Kill Animals (Green Criminology)
- Natural Resources in Latin America and the Caribbean: Beyond Booms and Busts? (Latin America and Caribbean Studies)
- America's National Park System: The Critical Documents
Additional resources for Air: Nature and Culture (Earth)